Discovery Center Museum is committed to making its building, exhibits and programs accessible to visitors with special needs.
- We adhere to the Smithsonian Institute's guidelines for accessibility.
- We offer ramps, accessible restrooms, an elevator, and ample room around each exhibit.
- Adult changing table onsite.
- Our classes can also accommodate children (and their parents) with special needs.
- Wheelchairs are available at Discovery Center. To ensure availability, please call in advance of your arrival.
Discovery Center offers several Fun for Everyone events each year for children with disabilities and their immediate families to experience our exhibits free of charge before/after the museum opens/closes to the public. Advance registration is required. To learn more, call 815-963-6769 or email Amandago@discoverycentermuseum.org.
The social stories were generously provided by the Autism Program Service Center - Rockford.