Discovery Center Museum is committed to making its building, exhibits and programs accessible to visitors with special needs.
- We adhere to the Smithsonian Institute's guidelines for accessibility.
- We offer ramps, accessible restrooms, an elevator, and ample room around each exhibit.
- Adult changing table onsite.
- Our classes can also accommodate children (and their parents) with special needs.
- Wheelchairs are available at Discovery Center. To ensure availability, please call in advance of your arrival.
Discovery Center offers several Fun for Everyone events each year for children with disabilities and their immediate families to experience our exhibits free of charge before/after the museum opens/closes to the public. Fun For Everyone begins at 8:30 am (unless otherwise noted). Families are welcome to stay and play after the museum opens to the public at 10:00 am. Advance registration is required. Click here to register. To learn more, call 815-963-6769 or email Amandago@discoverycentermuseum.org.
Saturday, March 21: Spring into Science
Art and science go hand in hand during this morning of imaginative fun!
Enjoy spring-time activities and a planetarium show.
Saturday, April 11: Egg Hunt
Hunt for eggs, fill your basket with treats, create adorable art and construct cute crafts!
The social stories were generously provided by the Autism Program Service Center - Rockford.