Summer Teacher Workshops
Advance registration and advance payment are required. Registration closes one week prior to workshop. Confirmation will be sent by mail or email upon receipt of payment.
All sessions are held at Discovery Center Museum, Rockford, IL.
To receive graduate credit
*Register for graduate credit at http://www.stfrancis.edu/real/experiential; click on the Boone-Winnebago ROE summer courses. You must register with Discovery Center ALSO!
Check back next Summer for more Teacher Workshops!!
What teachers say about Discovery Center Educator Workshops:
- "This was an area that I knew little about making it difficult for me to teach this content. I learned a ton & have started to look at the world through the eyes of a scientist.I recommend this course to other teachers."
- "Very active & enthusiastic instructor! Loved the hands on activities & take home projects!"
- "Instructor presented clear content and instructions; gave us a start on projects and then let us use our creativity."
- "This course gave me many new ideas for both individual and small group activities."
- "This class convinced me that I can do hands-on weather science even if I don’t know all of the answers myself. It opened my eyes to the extensive resources available online in the weather field."
- "Our instructor hit the ground running having us participate in activities to help us understand astronomy. In addition the activities could be directly used in my classes."
- "Hands on activities! Varied activities for various grade levels. The amount of resources and materials was well beyond expectations."
- "The hands on activities were wonderful. I haven’t taken a class lately that provides so much material for use in the classroom! Ideas! Ideas! Ideas!"